Fire damage can be one of the most devastating disasters that can happen to your home or business. It’s important to know what to do after fire strikes. Unless you have the necessary knowledge and skill, it is difficult to restore the fire damaged property. It is always good to turn to a professional for fire damage restoration.
Your primary focus should be safety first. Ask yourself is it safe to stay in the house? Only perform activities that are safe. Remember do not take any unnecessary risks. Follow the items on this checklist:
- Make sure that your property is secure.
- Make sure your property is ventilated.
- Cover carpeted areas with towels or old linens to prevent additional soiling.
- Discard open food packages as this food could be contaminated.
- Report the damage to your insurance company as soon as possible.
You may desperately want to get your home or office cleaned immediately after the fire. But if you are not careful, you may cause more damage to your property. Here are some things NOT to do:
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting a professional restoration company.
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an electrician.
- Don’t enter the property unless it is safe to do so.
Advance Maintenance Ltd provides a totally free insurance claim management service for all building insurance claims from quotation to completion
- Arrange a site visit within 24 hours of your call
- Ensure your property is secured and the repairs addressed as soon as possible.
- Assess the extent of the damage which has been caused.
- Meet with the Loss Adjuster appointed by your insurance company
- Prepare a detailed specification of Proposed Remedial Works.
- Negotiate costs with the Loss Adjuster for the consideration of the Insured.
- Draw up a repair schedule and time frame for restoration work to be carried out.
- Carry out repairs as agreed with the Loss Adjuster.
- Project manage all reinstatement works until completion, at no extra cost.
Call us today on 086-2604782 or drop us an email at email@example.com